How Much Can a Honda Pilot Tow?
The 2022 Honda Pilot combines the family-friendly interior features of a minivan with the impressive towing power of an SUV, offering a max towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds when properly equipped. That’s enough power to easily tow your camper trailer or motorized boat to Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and beyond!
Wondering how much a Honda Pilot can tow at each trim level? Below, we’ll take a closer look at the Honda Pilot towing capacity and performance specs so you can see exactly what this minivan can do for your everyday drives, epic adventures, and everything in between.
2022 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity: FWD vs. AWD
The Pilot is available in seven trim levels, some of which can be configured with all-wheel drive capability. The Honda Pilot towing capacity for AWD models is 5,000 pound, while the FWD models can tow as much as 3,500 pounds.
- How much can A Honda Pilot tow in the entry-level configuration? The Pilot Sport, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring trim levels come standard with FWD and can be upgraded with AWD.
- How much can a Honda Pilot tow at the higher end of the trim lineup? The Pilot TrailSport, Elite, and Black Edition trims are only available with AWD, so these trims will achieve the maximum Honda Pilot towing capacity by default.
2022 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity by Configuration
- 2022 Honda Pilot Sport Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): 3,500 pounds/5,000 pounds
- 2022 Honda Pilot EX-L Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): 3,500 pounds/5,000 pounds
- 2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): 3,500 pounds/5,000 pounds
- 2022 Honda Pilot TrailSport Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): Not Available/5,000 pounds
- 2022 Honda Pilot Touring Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): 3,500 pounds/5,000 pounds
- 2022 Honda Pilot Elite Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): Not Available/5,000 pounds
- 2022 Honda Pilot Black Edition Towing Capacity (2WD/4WD): Not Available/5,000 pounds
No matter how you choose to configure your new Honda Pilot, you’ll have a powerful 3.5L V6 engine to keep you moving in Irvine. The sole Pilot engine generates an impressive 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque.
Honda Pilot Towing Features & Safety Systems
Thanks to a comprehensive suite of active safety systems, you’ll tow with complete confidence—even at the high end of the Honda Pilot towing capacity. These features make it easier to monitor your trailer, anticipate challenges on the road ahead, and adapt quickly to changing conditions:
- Intelligent Traction Management system*
- ACE™ body struck
- Lane-keeping assist system
- Collision mitigation braking system
- Blindspot information system
- Cross-traffic monitor
- Multi-angle rearview camera
Begin Your Next Adventure in a New Honda Pilot!
If you’re impressed by the Honda pilot towing capacity, don’t wait to get behind the wheel! Contact us online or visit our dealership in Westminster to explore Honda accessories, financing options, and more.
More from Honda World Westminster
2022 Model Displayed If you’re shopping for a Honda SUV, you might be wondering, “How much can the Honda HR-V tow?” Honda doesn’t recommend towing with this subcompact SUV, so the Honda HR-V towing capacity isn’t available. The new Honda HR-V is more of an urban-style SUV with impressive gas mileage and plenty of interior…
The 2023 Honda Odyssey is so much more than a minivan; it’s also a surprisingly capable tower. Whether you need to haul a small boat or a jet ski, the new Honda Odyssey minivan can handle it. With the proper equipment, the 2023 Honda Odyssey towing capacity reaches 3,500 pounds. Below, you can learn more…
On the road, efficiency can make all of the difference between a smooth, enjoyable ride, and a ride that’s filled with hassling, expensive stops at gas stations. The 2022 Honda CR-V gas mileage addresses the concerns a lot of Huntington Beach drivers have about SUVs; it offers top engineering and performance capabilities for efficient fuel use….
*Snow Mode only on 2WD trims. Snow, Mud and Sand Modes on AWD trims.